It’s been an exciting month.
I was on QVC selling my invention called “Flower Crazy“, a flower design system that makes those cubes and cylinders much easier to design with.
For those of you that are event and wedding planners, “Flower Crazy” will your make life much easier. Read More
Flower Design Archives - Flower School 101
It’s been an exciting month.
My next big presentation will be at the Minneapolis Institute of Art on April 28th at 2pm for their Art in Bloom. Join me if you can. It’ll be a great day. I’m doing a demonstration and book signing. Read More
I’ll also be opening and closing Macy’s Flower Show this year in their flagship Herald Square store in New York City. For opening day, Sunday, March 20th, I’ll be in the in store to do a book signing.
I’ll be back in their flagship Herald Square store on Saturday, March 26th at 1PM to do a Great Plains Wheat wreath making seminar.
Speaking of New York, last week was a great week! Thanks to everybody who supports the American Schools of Flower Design in every way Read More
Join us for an afternoon or evening of Holiday Floral Design Classes.
Pine, cedars and balsams with lots of berry.
Three designs and all materials included.
Bring a camera to take pictures and a basket to carry all your designs home.
- Miami: Saturday, November 21st, 10:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- San Francisco: Saturday, November 28th, 1:00 to 4:30 pm or 6:00 to 9:30 pm
- San Diego: Saturday, December 5th, 1:00 to 4:00 pm
- Minneapolis: Thursday, December 10th, 1:00 to 4:30 pm or 6:00 to 9:30 pm
- Milwaukee: Tuesday, December 15th, 1:00 to 4:30 pm or 6:00 to 9:30 pm
- Chicago: Wednesday, December 16th, 1:00 to 4:30 pm or 6:00 to 9:30 pm
- New York City: Saturday, December 19th, 1:00 to 4:30 pm or 6:00 to 9:30 pm.
We’ll be offering a Master’s class in Chicago starting Tuesday, Oct. 20th, a 4 week course on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Attending our Master’s Course will give you the confidence and skills design large events! It is flower designing on a grand scale.
Call Micheal now at 414-617-7162 to learn more or to register. Read More
Flower designs, flower trends, and flower colors all change for fall. Now we have an emphasis on rust browns, oranges, berries, mums, and pheasant feathers. Also joining these fall favorites are winter greens. For me, I’m off to start our inaugural school semester in Indianapolis – highly looking forward to that.
Great Designers Needed! Read More
I was recently talking about flower design organizations and certifications. The number one question asked is, “Do I need to be certified to be a florist?” The answer is no. Why? Because there is no standard used in our business. To put it into context, a recent poll found that only 2.6% of all working florists referred to themselves as ‘certified members’ of a flower organization. By the law of mathematics, this means the other 97.4% do not. You can join clubs such as PCFI and AIFD by receiving a certification. Basically, it’s to get initials after your name.
Here’s my thoughts: Read More
The road has so much to see- especially summer flowers
I took my sights and my clippers and hit the road to see what summer flowers were blooming in gardens across America. Beginning with classes in our schools in Milwaukee followed by Chicago, we worked with some great, fresh summer flowers.
I had the joy of hopping over to California to design a wedding in fantastic Napa Valley. Wine, cheese, and summer flowers- is there more to life? Read More
Flower Power lessons from a flower design professional, my book can help and entertain the beginner to the professional.
Release: Late Fall 2015
About: A contemporary, editorial view on flower design, this book analyzes some innovative techniques and possibilities with an emphasis on Southern Californian styles. With so many beautiful and elegant blooms in California, I developed incredible new design techniques that anyone can apply to their flower design armoire. This book is a look into the Californian flower world and the lessons that I’ve taught at my Los Angeles School of Flower Design.
- Elegant photo shots from San Juan Capistrano, CA to Hollywood and top-of-the-line flower design elements for you to indulge in.
- Flower design techniques that are particular to California and other sub-tropical flower designs.
- Miscellaneous design tips that can be used anywhere in the United Sttes or even the world.
- A look inside the world of an American Flower Design School taught by yours truly.
- Other flower facts that you’ve never known!
For more information or inquiries, contact me on my phone at 414-617-7162 or contact me on the Contact page.
Also, if you haven’t already, check out my previous book on professional flower design entitled, “Design Star: Lessons from the New York School of Flower Design”.